Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stuffed Animal Shelves


I got this idea off of Pinterest, I have been looking for something cute, and usable for this wall in Aubri's room since her Birthday. I redid all of her decor in her room from a gender neutral nursery to a cutesy big girl room, lots of bright fun colors and flowers and such anyways this wall got left blank besides her name which has been done since she was born.

Stuffed Animal Shelves Supply List:
2x6x12 board I got mine at Home Depot for 7 bucks :) they will cut it too, I cut mine into 4 foot sections
D-Rings, either Walmart or Joanns I think they are less than 2 bucks for a 4 pack
Fabric, I just used scraps from her bedding, 4 inches is what I did but I would do 3 if  I did this again
Paint, I used the paint we are using on her play kitchen

I painted the boards one coat let them dry then sewed my strips, I did 12 strips 6 of each fabric I liked you could just do 6 8 in strips, sew them right sides together on both sides leave the ends open, flip so right sides are showing slide your DRing on and then close your circle, continue until all stripes are sewn.

Measure and hang up, I eyeballed mine and am going to have Bryce maybe reinforce my nails so it does not fall off the wall, cuz as you can see Aubri's crib is right under them.

This Idea came from beeskneesbungalow.com at Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a super cute and easy idea. I love it, I'm thinking of using this idea for my kids' bedrooms, so they can display their favorite stuffed animals without piling them all on their beds. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete