Friday, January 6, 2012

Potty Training... Yikes


Aubri just turned 18 months old and is already showing signs of wanting to POTTY TRAIN, I have been researching and studying different techniques for this for a couple weeks now and I think I have settled on the 3 day session!! Anyways I don't want to start her off right away with big girl panties because she is so young I know there will be lots and lots of accidents, I found this pattern for training panties on Pinterest and since regular training pants are so expensive I thought I would give these a shot I love love love how they turned out!!
We are going to probably start training at the end of the month, I am going to throw a big girl party where she will get the training pants the potty books and sticker chart and see the rewards, then once she has succeeded in the training we will throw another Big girl potty party where she will get a big reward as well as big girl panties!! Wish us luck :)

Thanks to  homesweethomebodies.blogspot.com for her free pattern

I made 9 training pants for less than $4 bucks, How did I do it?

I used old shirts I was giving to DI fabric scraps, I bought clearance elastic 5 yards for $1 and then 2 packets of doubled fold bias tape $1.79 I used 40% off coupons on these !!

1 comment:

  1. I just started potty training yesterday and love these training pants however I will tell you if I were to make them again I would not use cotton bias tape for the leg holes. Aubri is a skinny little thing and the leg holes are a little to tight. :( I would make my own tape out of the tshirts if I were to make them again.

    ReplyDelete