Friday, January 27, 2012

Baby Blanket



I made this blanket for Brandi's baby boy, however when I finished it I decided it was not boyish enough for me so now this blanket is going to be for a good friend's baby girl! I have made these blankets before but I never liked them as much as when other people make them so I searched Pinterest and found the tutorial and fixed what I was doing wrong! Here is the website http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2011/12/minky-rag-quilt.html

Their blanket I believe is a twin size so I only got 1 1/2 yards of each minky and flannel, then I choose 6 different cottons and got 1/3 of each of those. I then followed the rest of the steps from their site and ended up with a blanket approx 36x36 :)

I had about 24 squares left so I decided to buy some more fabric and make a more boyish blanket. (In progress) Pictures to come soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment